Cloverfield...

Tuesday, January 22, 2008
As if J.J. Abrams could possibly own me any more than he already does.

Well before I start about Cloverfield, I'd like to say a big huge fat CONGRATS to Andy and Christina Clark! 2 awesome friends who just got married over the past weekend and could not be more perfect for each other. Their love inspires me. Seeing them together is like watching Moulin Rouge... which I enjoy every minute of. I can't wait to see photos from the big day... Andy looked so smooth and handsome and Christina was absolutely unbelievably gorgeous.

Their wedding day was fun. First of course there was the ceremony... there I sat with 5 people... Shane, Jim, Dan, Nick, and Andrew. Then it was over and we had FOUR hours until the reception. So with the same 5 people, I went to Steak and Shake... then someone found a theatre playing Cloverfield nearby so with the SAME 5 people I went to see the movie. When that was over, with the same 5 people I went to the wedding... I was attached at the hips with these SAME 5 people ALL NIGHT LONG!

Not that I didn't enjoy everyone's company. I didn't know them that well but they were all uber nice... but I just think it's funny that all day we were together traveling in a pack everywhere we went.

But okay back on track here... the point is, we saw Cloverfield.

It was probably the best movie I'd seen in theatres since the last Lord of the Rings film. It blew my mind, it rocked my world, it made me dizzy. (if you couldn't handle the wobbly cameras in the Bourne movies, do not bother seeing Cloverfield) But despite the dizzyness... it was so awesome.

Though I think one of the reasons I was so impressed was because of the fact I had zero interest in this movie. It looked stupid in the commercials and then when I found out there was a huge monster in the movie... I was even more sure it was going to be the most lamest thing ever in the history of all time.

I.

Was.

WROOOOOOONG.

... Okay well I just had a whole big thing written out about why this movie was so awesome and somehow it got deleted and then Blogger saved the deleted version of my post. Way to go Blogger. You suck.

Well just know the movie is amazing. I've lost all inspiration to explain why... my thoughts have been taken over by aggrivation. Maybe I'll make another post later.

*folds arms, pouts, and walks away, giving Blogger the silent treatment*

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had fun at the wedding, i can't wait for yours. If you need any help just let me know!!

  1. Thanks so much. I'm sure I'll be bugging you with plenty of things!