insert interesting title here

Sunday, December 5, 2010
It's been a while since I updated!

Sunday School has been crazy this year. We have a bunch of kids and they're all nuts. I miss my good kids from last year! We've been working with them for a few minutes every sunday because my class (kindergarten) is teaming up with them to sing at the Advent service. The first graders behave like perfect angels and my class is all loud and all over the place. I thought maybe they were just shy being mixed in with my class but I snuck into their room today to leave some copies of the songs for them to take home and they were all sitting quietly listening to their teacher and behaving perfectly. *sniff* i want that peace and quiet back!

I do enjoy that these kids are really into hugs though. I get a lot of them!

In other news, I went to the Advent Tea at the church. Which is an event the church throws every couple of years. (i hear it's expensive which is why it doesn't happen often) What it is... a bunch of ladies volunteer to host a table and then invite guests to fill it. Patti (who hosts the Bible study i go to) hosted a table and invited me, another woman from the study, and some other nice gals. Also, men from the church volunteer to serve us. How nice is that?! They were dressed up really fancily (is that a word?) with pretty bow-ties. And they worked their butts off running all over the place, helping to prepare our food and get us our drinks and whatnot. It was nice.

Another cool thing is that every hostess goes all out to design their tables with a theme. They were SO gorgeous, i felt like i was at a really rich person's wedding. Our table's theme was Penguins! We had fancy silverware and plates and Patti even put little presents at each of our settings. (in really awesome boxes that she made herself)

There was also music, we got to be entertained by a violin and some beautiful singing the whole time. And we got to join in for a song when we all sang Silent Night in German!

And we were served a traditional German meal. .... Germans sure know how to make desserts!

In more other news, I have a job! I start tomorrow.

I went for the interview a few days ago and ended up being there for like 2 hours, mostly listening while this guy gave me his life story. I told everyone at my table at the Advent Tea about that and they all went "the job is yours!" and i was like "what?" and they said if he told me that much about himself and felt like he could talk to me for hours then the job was mine. I guess they were right!

He's really nice. It was hard to get a word in but he seems kind, i get the vibe that he has a huge heart.

It's a small office. It would be him, i think he said two assistants, and me. I was worried it would get a little lonely at first, me being up there at the front alone, but then it occured to me that women are catty and dramatic and i didnt enjoy working with too many of them in my previous offices. So i'll take a little loneliness over drama any day!

So I'm nervous and excited but i've prayed about this a lot, and I know God's going to take care of me. It's comforting knowing He's always got my back.

0 comments: