Keep breathing, relax.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008
So my dinner tried to kill me a little while ago.

Earlier today Granny and I went shopping and discovered this uber yummy Asian stir fry (we got samples there) so we got some to make for dinner. Granny added turkey and the meal was tasting quite wonderful.

Until I swallowed what must have been a bone from the turkey. OWE. It felt like a double ended needle going down my throat. SO freakin sharp. I wasn't quite choking but I couldn't swallow either because every time I tried the pain was unbelievable. No one knew what to do. I got very scared very fast though I didn't panic, I just got really tense. Mom and Granny told me to relax and keep breathing deeply and to lean my head far back and take small sips of my pepsi. I did... and every swallow HURT and then I got very hot and started to feel feverish. Finally the evil sharp thing unlodged itself from wherever it was in my throat and went down. Now my throat just feels very sore. I hope it didn't poke anything and cause internal issues.

So that was my dramatic experience of the day. I have nothing else to write about these days so I thought I'd share my scary moment.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    wow, why is this the first i'm hearing about this? it's a good thing they were there though, that's scary

  1. Sorry, I knew I had something to tell you last night and of course I forgot about it somehow. I was really tired.

    Anyhoo, yea it was scary. Especially since no one knew what to do. But I'm good now.

  1. I took a class recently on cpr and the Heimlich, I don't know if that would have helped though....=(

  1. Well as this was all happening, Granny was wondering if they should do the heimlich and mom said you're only supposed to do it when the person is choking.

    Which made the moment scarier. Basically we were standing around waiting for me to choke.

    Fortunately it didn't have to come down to that. I just kept swallowing the pain. Literally.