Work, music, and a little bit o' pain.

Sunday, October 9, 2011
Wow I can't believe I haven't written in this thing in FOREVER! (says "forever" like the kid in the Sandlot)

So a lot has changed since my last post where I whined about wanting work. A wonderful friend of mine from our Bible Study got me a job at the medical office she works for. It's an Ear, Nose, Throat and Sinus office. Or as we say when we answer the phone "ENT and Sinus."

I run the main desk which is awesome. Never a dull moment with phones to answer, insurance to check, and paperwork to do. Plus everyone in the office is incredibly sweet and funny. I can't even believe I work at this place. I am so grateful to God for bringing this perfect job to me. There is no drama or gossip between the staff (which I have never experienced at any of my other jobs before), we get along so well, the hours are awesome, and I could spend all day raving about how great this place is. It's so weird working for a doctor that you can actually talk to and ask questions, and instead of being grumpy, he's happy to help. oooh and another plus is that other doctors buy us lunch all the time so we're always getting good food!

It can be a bit sad at times though because we get a lot of patients coming in with lumps on their throats or necks so half the time, they're getting test results from us telling them that they have cancer. However, the other half of the time those people with lumps find out they DON'T have cancer and then they're super excited.

It definitely an interesting place to be!

In other news, I started taking piano lessons. Which I actually started in Alaska. Oh crap, that reminds me I didn't even post here about our mission trip to Alaska! I will have to write about that later. Alaska deserves a whole post of it's own.

Anyhoo, so now I take those lessons here and have been told that I learned more in 2 months than some of my instructor's students have learned in 2 years! I guess I'm picking up the piano quickly and have been told I have an ear. I can tell when something doesn't sound right even when my teacher can't!

And the last slice of news I will share is that I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Saturday. Pray for me, I am a nervous wreck.

0 comments: