Good Sense

Monday, August 2, 2010
The pea, the pumpkin, the pie…. A world of food for me to down.
The sauce, the sugar, the short bread… good gifts made for mine mouth.

The sound, the song, the spoken word… a world for me to hear.
The music, the melody, the merriment… good gifts made for mine ear.

The moon, the meadow, the mountain… a world made for my sight.
The land, the lake, the lava flow… good gifts made for mine eye.

The lily, the lotion, the lavender… a world of smells for me to know.
The perfume, the peony, the primrose… good gifts made for mine nose.

The pulse, the pain, the passion … a world with which I connect.
The sand, the skin, the satin… good gifts that I caress.

The substance, the spirit, the very soul… all in this world, they be.
The substance, the spirit, the very soul… good God exhaled them into me.