Shantaram

Friday, September 26, 2008
Wow.

I just found out that one of my all time favorite books (that no one has seemed to have heard about) is being made into a movie.

This is awesome amazing news to me. Of course nothing will be as good as the book was but I have high hopes for this. The main character will be played by Johnny Depp who I think is absolutely insanely PERFECT for the role. Not to mention he actually personally co-owns the rights to the movie.

What also keeps me hopeful that the film will be good is that the author of the book is writing the script for it.

And the best part about this movie... I've only met one other person who's read this book. This movie will give it a lot more recognition and it sure as heck deserves it.

It is the only book that has ever gotten to me so emotionally. It made me laugh, it made me smile, it made me incredibly angry, and it made me SOB. Not just cry, I SOBBED. If a book affects a person like that, it is worth reading. The only other person I know who read it is a guy... and it made him sob too. So it's not just me being an emotional woman... it's a very touching masterpiece.

Read Shantaram!

0 comments: