Where There Are No Cars

Tuesday, June 3, 2008
I’d like to snuggle up with you… in a small crater on the moon.
We could get nice and warm and cozy and drink some hot tea while we watch the stars.
In this place, in this lack of atmosphere, I’d like to rest up ear to ear.

With you I’d like to take a walk… across the moon and step on rocks.
We could dance around them with our simple feet and smile and flirt and be all sweet.
In this galaxy, in this outer space, I’d like for you to gently kiss my face.

And while the rest of the world below us is busy, there are no cars here.
There are no jobs to do, there are no mean people, no silly attitudes.
There is no tragedy, or bumble bees, there will be no solitude, and there are no cars too.

I’d like to be stranded here with you… no place else to travel to.
We could love and laugh and play and with our tongues we’ll say “I love you.”
In this sky, in this pretty universe, there will be no use or other words.

And while the rest of the world below us is busy, we have the stars here.
There are no jobs to do, there are no mean people, no silly attitudes.
There is no tragedy, or bumble bees, there will be no solitude, only us and the stars too.

0 comments: