Dentistry

Monday, January 10, 2011
So how it usually works in the world of applying to be a dental assistant is that you get called in for a regular interview and then if they like you, they ask you back for a "working interview." Which is where you work for a day and see how well you mix with the staff and then they either ask you to work for them at the end of the day or they call you and tell you how they feel it went later.

Well I saw a job on careerbuilder last week for a Dental Assistant position and sent in my resume. I was then e-mailed an interview. Yes, e-mailed. The dentist gave me a lot of details about the position and then asked me questions that only someone with experience would know the answers to. I answered all of the questions and then honestly told her that although I had over 3 years of experience, that it had been a while since I had any hands on experience and that I understand that that may be an issue with dentistry because technology is always changing in that industry. I also told her that I can learn anything and that I have a passion for the industry and loved being an assistant.

Well I thought that she forgot about me because I didn't hear from her at all for a few days. Then she called me today, saying she received 120 resumes and only 20 of them came from people with experience. She said there were only a few out of the 20 who seemed promising and she was really impressed with my e-mail so she called to offer me $100 bucks to come do a working interview later this week. ..... Consider my mind blown!

She also said she understood me not working as an assistant for a while but that it's still good I have the experience behind me and she would be happy just knowing she wouldn't have to train someone from scratch.

Soooo pray for me!

I am nervous and I hope I remember things. When I worked for Dr. Wolff and he would take his annual August vacation (yes, we were off for the entire month), all of us assistants would come back feeling like idiots for the first few days because we had forgotten things already!

But I'm looking forward to it at the same time. If I got this job, the hours would be amazing. 9-5 Mon- Thurs. I would always have a 3 day weekend!

1 comments:

  1. Seriously $100 for a working interview. Freaking wow! You will do great! When is this happening? Prayers for you!