So the wedding is getting closer! Things are gettin crazy!
Shane and I are going to get the marriage license tomorrow morning, I have an appointment for a trial run with my hair stylist on Friday (I'll make the appointment for the rest of the girls and I on the wedding day if I like what they do), and I'm going for my first alterations on my dress on Monday!
And I had a fun day at the mall with my bridesmaid kristen today. We went to get shoes to go with her dress, she got these really pretty silver shoes... they look amazzzzzzzzzing with the dress!
I also had my makeup done at a cosmetic department in a store for the first time. It was fun! kristen wanted something from MAC cosmetics... I think it was in Macy's, and while she was deciding what to get, I noticed the woman that was helping her had awesome lipstick on... it was the color I had been searching and searching and searching for foreverrrrrrrrr. I started looking through the lipsticks to see what it could be and I found a color that looked great, I asked the woman what it was and she said "That's called Myth, it's what I'm wearing." I told her that was cool cuz I was going to say her lips looked awesome. lol. So she said she'd do my lips for me if I wanted and I said YES! ... turns out it's all about layering. I used to see directions at kohl's for how to achieve this certain look and they always said to add a gloss on top of the color and I thought it was stupid... I learned today I was wrong.
First you put on a darker lip liner but not as just the liner... cover your whole lip with it. Then blot the lighter colored lipstick on top of it and blend it in (don't just apply it all over like you normally would) and then put the gloss on top. ... my lips looked AMAZING. And what gets me is... it lasted for hours! Usually lipstick or gloss comes off if I even just talk too much, or it gets all over my teeth but not this! it's all about the layers! And it's fun cuz you can make the shade lighter or darker simply by how much of the lipstick you apply. The undertoned lipliner can either shine through and make it darker or you can apply more lipstick and the lip will look lighter!
I know that was a lot of info but I'm so excited I finally found out how to achieve the look I want with my lips!
Yay for lips! yay for wedding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Total Pageviews
Popular Posts
-
So I realized the other day while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Shane that I do indeed enjoy Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham...
-
So my dinner tried to kill me a little while ago. Earlier today Granny and I went shopping and discovered this uber yummy Asian stir fry (we...
-
Well that last post was a bummer. Things have been good lately though. I helped out with VBS at our church a few weeks ago and LOVED it. Las...
-
Ok so if you saw last week's episode then one question should be in your mind. Why is a group consisting of an army chick, a physicist, ...
-
So all week long I've had the horrible feeling that I or someone I know would be in a car accident. First my friends and I went to the c...
-
So Doctor kept making a big deal about everyone attending the full staff meeting today, he said repeatedly that no one would want to miss it...
-
So this past Sunday I officially became a member of Shane's church... which is now OUR church. Before I did, I had to set up a "get...
-
That anyone reads my blog anymore. But that's cool. I'm perfectly happy with writing or posting videos for myself. Actually a lot of...
-
Pray for me, people. I have no idea what to do with myself these days. I feel absolutely and completely lost. Not having a job for so long d...
-
So a lot of people know how into dance I am, pretty much any style entertains me. Well, I was watching tv earlier, about to fall asleep whe...
0 comments:
Post a Comment